Friday, May 2, 2008

Two Weeks Later

Two weeks later I am back at Johns Hopkins. The drain has been working well. All the junk has come out and collected on the gauze that I had covering it. Quite gross but by this time I am so used to it. The swelling was completely gone and I looked normal. Well, as normal as to be expected after reconstruction. I had a big smile on my face when I saw the doctor. Things looked good.

Dr B took out the drain and replaced it with a sterile strip of gauze. I would have to pack the wound and change this every day and keep the area clean till the hole started to close up. (By packing I mean I would have to insert the strip into the hole as far as it will go with the end of a sterile q-tip.) After that, they would stitch it closed. He gave me the needed supplies and I went on my merry way.

I would see him in another month.

No comments: