Monday, March 8, 2010

Life

There are things in life that are unavoidable. Paying taxes, death and change. Sometimes change can be the hardest. Dealing with amelo has definitely changed me. But I honestly feel for the better. Yes, I said for the better.

Let me explain.

I always wanted to get in shape. I joined the gym. Never went. I read up on health magazines. Never followed it through. Get the point. It was only after I had my surgery for amelo that it finally kicked in. I needed to get healthy. I needed to get fit.

I went on an ongoing life change. I went to a nutritionist. I seriously hit the gym several times a week. I mentally and physically made a change to get myself healthy. As a result, I lost 40 pounds. More importantly I kept it off. I really felt better about myself. Sometimes it takes something bad to happen in your life for you to realize what is important. Health is import. I am important. I need to take care of me.

But sometimes change can hurt. Especially if the change was a choice. A choice that was made in fear or haste. Quitting a job. Not going to the doctor. Turning your back on something that could possibly be good because you're scared. Get the picture? Sometimes in life no matter how hard you try and hit ctrl z, you cannot undo it.

If I learned anything this past weekend it is to think before you act. You cannot take back yesterday.

But you can learn.

No comments: