Sunday, September 25, 2011

5k Run Today

As part of my ongoing training towards getting ready for my first half marathon, today I participated in a 5K run. It was the Virtua HealthFitness 5K in Voorhees, NJ. The hardest part for me was not so much if I would finish the run. I knew I could as I have been training on this very same course for the last four weeks. For me, it was the time that I would finish.

Using the run-walk method for the last few weeks has allowed me to finish a 3.1 mile course in about 40 minutes and 30 seconds or a 13 minute mile pace. Now that is a wonderful pace for a newbie like me. But when you are surrounded by runners who actually run all out, it can be a little intimidating. Makes me want to run faster and longer than I should for my level. So I have to run with blinders on.


It was fun and I finished at 38:43 or a 12:25 minute pace. A personal best.

No comments: