Saturday, September 17, 2011

In need of a little pixie dust...

About four years ago I started my journey with ameloblastoma. I met some wonderful people along the path. I will truly never forget the positive mark they have left on me.

Each of us has been touched during our lives by a friend or family member who has bravely battled various diseases whether it be heart disease, diabetes, cancer and yes, ameloblastoma. As a result of my experience battling my own disease, I have decided to give back. I have joined the Lazarex Cancer Foundation’s Team for Life.

As part of that team, I will be running my very first half marathon on January 29, 2012. I will be participating in The Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon at The Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. Yes, my very first and yes I am a little scared. I have done 3 mile races in the past but never a 13.1 race. My goal, besides to cross the finish line, is to raise money and YOU CAN HELP! Your contribution is greatly appreciated. No amount is too small.

Lazarex Cancer Foundation builds a bridge to hope, life and dignity for cancer patients by providing financial assistance to defray the cost associated with patient participation in FDA clinical trials. Additionally, they help patients navigate their clinical trial options and provide community education and outreach services.

The money you donate will help Lazarex achieve their mission of providing resources for cancer patients who have been told they have no other options, but who are not yet done with their journey in life and refuse to give up. Lazarex believes that together we can build a bridge to hope for cancer patients.

Mission: To provide resources for cancer patients who’ve been told they have no other options, but who are not yet done with their journey in life and refuse to give up now.



My fundraising goal is $800 by January 5, 2012. Every dollar helps. Your donation will inspire me and help those who need it most.

Please follow this link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Lazarex Cancer Foundation


Also you can visit my FACEBOOK page for this event here.

All donations to Lazarex Cancer Foundation are 100% tax-deductible.
Lazarex Cancer Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization

No comments: