Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year.

12 days. I have been in this hospital for 12 days. Feels much longer that then that. It’s New Years. Spent my second holiday in the hospital. Go me! The good part of where I am staying at the hospital is that I could see the fireworks that took place above Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Well for the most part as it was on an angle. But they were nice.

My mom stayed at the hospital with me late that night just to see the fireworks. She usually leaves no latter then 9pm to head back to the hotel where she was staying. But the time the fireworks were over she could not get a cab. This in hindsight was a big mistake as there was none available. It was New Years after all. So she ended up sleeping over on the little chair that turns into a couch. Not the most comfortable bed but it will do in a pinch.

When I came into the hospital they did warn me that I would lose some weight. But since I was not having my mouth wired shut I did not think I would lose much. I finally was able to get onto a scale at the hospital and I lost 8 pound. Guess its better then nothing. This did not surprise me since I was eating NOTHING for the first few days and was put on a feeding tube after that. Can not wait till I get this tube out. I want chicken wings.

I can tell that the doctors and staff want me to go home, but I don’t want to go home with drains and if there is an issue I would rather deal with it while I am here and not over 3 hours away. Besides, I would not be able to drive, not yet anyway as I can not turn my head. So I would have to rely on other people to help like my bro.

The doctors did come in today to take off one of the drains in my neck. This is good as I was sick of having these two big balls hanging from my neck. They made me look like I had 4 boobs. Plus it’s so gross when they drain the ball as it fills up with blood and other liquids. Let’s just say it stung when they removed it. What a weird sensation.

No comments: