Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Saturday, December 20th will be my 1 year anniversary since I had my surgery for removal of my tumor and my reconstruction of my right mandible. I remember this time last year I was saying goodbye to my fellow co-workers. I was packing my suite case for my overnight stay at a Baltimore hotel. I was thinking about what I was going to have as my "last meal" before the surgery. I never thought I would still being dealing with issues one year later.

My chin is slightly swollen again. Nothing compared to what it was a month ago. But the bad part is I have leakage inside my mouth. Two in fact. If I put pressure under my chin I can see the "evil stuff" come out. Not massive mind you but its apparent that its leaking under pressure. I do have plans to see the doctor on Tuesday. So I am sure he will be glad to know. I will update the blog when I come back.

I am so sick of this. If the plate has to come out, lets take it out now. Lets do whatever we have to do so I can move on. I don't want to worry any more about this. It seems every time I start feeling better about myself something happens. I know I am so lucky in the cosmic sense but enough is enough.

I think when I do get the plate out I will frame it. Put it on my wall to remind me what I have been through. Hope the surgery will not interfere with my trip to California in February.

No comments: