Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving thanks.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving. This is the time where one should be giving thanks for what you have. I have semi good health. Semi part being amelo but I will talk about that later. I am thankful for my family. My brother and mother who I love to pieces. I am thankful for the support I have from my boyfriend and friends.

But I also reflect on what I have lost. 4 years ago almost to this day, I lost my father to a heart attack. I watched it happen right in front of me and it truly affected me emotionally. So it makes it hard around this time a year to be truly happy. I miss him.

I also think of amelo. It will be 2 years next month since my first surgery. I am thankful it was not cancer. I am thankful for the outcome of the surgery. I am REALLY thankful that it has not come back. But I am also tired. Tired of the doctor appointments. Tired of the CT Scans, X-Rays and MRIs. Tired of traveling 6 hours to Baltimore and back.


It is a mixed bag. But most of the human race has this in some form or another. I know it could always be worse. And for that I am truly thankful for what I have.

No comments: