Thursday, November 12, 2009

An anxiety attack... Really?

Today is the day. Today I get my implants replaced. Mom and I stopped by Starbucks to get my coffee fix, (Chai Latte, yum.) We left early and traffic was good so we hit the White Marsh Mall for a little shopping. We usually do this afterwards but I was not sure how I would feel after the procedure.


When we got to the hospital we had a little time on our hands so we headed for the gift shop. On the way we went passed the flower store. They had their Christmas decorations up already. What caught me off guard was not the decorations being up so soon. (It was, I mean come on, it's not even Thanksgiving yet.) It was the fact that I had little anxiety attack.

On December 24th, 2007 I had my second surgery, which to be honest was not a pleasant one. My mom got me a little Christmas tree and some flowers then too. Seeing the flower decorations today brought it all back like I was living that day all over again. I blogged about it and you can read it here. I was taken back as I have been back to this shop countless of other times, even around this time of year. Never an issue. Guess it's funny how the mind works.

Mom did not see my face and I am glad for it. I am sure I looked like a deer caught in the headlights of a car. The sudden surge of fear only lasted for about 5 seconds. Then... it was over.

Weird.

No comments: