Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yes, antibiotics taste like crap

I got to the doctors office with 15 minutes to spare. Only a few people were waiting so I had my choice of seats. There was this one older guy sitting behind me, dead to the world. He was fast asleep and snoring-up the office. It was funny at first but it started to get on my nerves. I wanted to poke him in the leg and say, "wake up." Thankfully, he did so on his own. To tell you the truth I think he woke himself up.


I got called back to the operating room at 1pm on the dot. Very efficient. The assistant asked if I was there for just a routine check up. "Errrr....Nooooo. I am getting an implant done." I got scared for a second. Was there a mix up? But to my relief the doctor came in and asked if I was ready to get the implants done. Implants, as in plural. I hoped that they would be able to replace both implants that were taken out but I was not sure if that was possible.

Before the doctor got started with the procedure he handed me a tray with two pills on it. Antibiotics. What! He wanted me to take them to ward off getting an infection. Guess he knows my track record since I get an infection at a drop of a hat. The worst part about this was I can not swallow pills. I had to... chew them. GROSS! No, the doctor did not tell me to chew them, I can not swallow pills. It's a mental thing I mentioned on a prior posting. Believe me, they taste worse then you can imagine. I almost gagged from it. I had to rinse my mouth out with mouthwash to get rid of that taste.

The doctor came back and went over with me what he was going to do. I was ready as I was going to be. So I leaned back against the seat. He, in turn, brought out a big needle.

Here we go.

No comments: