Sunday, December 23, 2007

No Lip?

I don't remember much when I awoke after surgery. But what I remember was this. It was about 6:30 when I came too. Although I was drifting in and out of it I could see a clock in front of me. I heard two voices both telling me not to talk. One I believe was a doctor or nurse, a male voice. The other was my mom. That was very comforting. I asked for a pen and paper to write something down. The first thing I wrote was, "No lip?" I am surprised they understood as I was writing with my left hand. My right was covered in almost a cast like harness with tubes for IVs coming from inside it. Lucky the staff said my lip was fine. They did not touch it. I smiled, well as best I could.

I asked my mom later what I looked like. She said I had so many machines attached to me. Assuming to monitor this and that. I knew I had a tube going down my throat. I believe that was for oxygen. I remember writing something else down and asking a question but I don't remember what that was. I remember someone commenting on my writing and mom said I was right handed not left.
The rest of the night was a blur.

No comments: