Wednesday, April 8, 2009

If you don't tell me...

As promised, Dr B called me at 7:30 this morning. I informed him of what happened and he did not seem too worried as far as the stitches coming out. He did tell me that Dr S should have called me back. DUH! But he knows my track record of getting an infection all too well. He said that if I wanted to I could put a moist gauge to help cover the opening. He also said he would email or call Dr S to have him call me ASAP. He noted that he thought Dr S was out of town but was not sure if that was a few weeks ago or now. Well, I thought if that was the case then why would the receptionist at either office not tell me this. This I could understand. But all I got was he will be in tomorrow or this afternoon.

No word as of 11am, so I decided to call his Towson office. The receptionist put me right through to him. Guess what? He stated that he was away and just got back on Monday! Really? Well why the heck did his staff not tell me. I would have understood. It would have saved me some aggravation this past week. I told him that. Grrrr

He did not seem too worried about the opening. He said he would see me on Thursday and take a look to make sure there is no infection or swelling. He did say he would put in two implants that did not have to be done in the OR. We of course would talk about this more on Thursday.

Ok, now my anger went from being directed at him to the office staff. That is pretty messed up. If you don't tell me how will I know. Just wait till Thursday.

No comments: